Five of the most egg-sellent stays you don’t need to go hunting for this Easter
It’s been a year since Easter was #cancelled, with travellers missing out on the fun and games that this particular holiday period would usually bring.
Recent research from Booking.com revealed that over a third (35%) of Aussie travellers will plan to make up for a celebration missed due to Coronavirus, so, with the long weekend well and truly approaching, it’s time to ride into Easter 2021 with a solid game plan. Tourism Australia’s, The City is Calling campaign mirrors this appetite, encouraging Aussies to immerse themselves in the bustling cities and the surroundings, once again.
Booking.com’s Future of Travel report also found 67% of travellers are looking for more simple pleasures such as spending time with their family while on vacation this year. With Easter being a renowned holiday associated with family gatherings and traveling for the long weekend, now is the perfect time for Aussies to immerse themselves back into their holiday traditions - and there is plenty of fun happening in all states to choose from.
To help travellers book the perfect Easter holiday break, Booking.com has pulled together their top stays, in close proximity to some of the city’s most memorable Easter events, welcoming interstate travellers from across the nation to reminisce, once again.
Get hopping and lock in your holiday before the rest of Australia does!
NSW: The Grace Hotel - Have a hoppy Easter in real life castle
- The stay is also in close proximity to the Sydney Royal Easter Show (1 – 12 April), attracting an average of 828,000 attendees each year.
- The Show is a celebration of Australian culture, from rural traditions to modern day lifestyles, providing unique experiences for everyone. Close to the Sydney Harbor Bridge and Sydney Opera House, The Grace Hotel is set in a historic building that has been lovingly restored in Sydney CBD (Central Business District).
- All rooms feature a flat-screen TV with cable channels and pay-per-view movies – some even including breakfast, which is served and enjoyed in your room.
VIC: Lancemore Mansion Hotel Werribee Park - An egg-ceptional Victorian mansion in Werribee Park
- This stay is also in close proximity to Melbourne’s Cadbury Easter Picnic and Egg Hunt (2 April), raising much-needed funds for The Royal Children's Hospital's Good Friday Appeal.
- 2021 marks the 21st anniversary of this family favourite event that, with the help of attendees, supporters and volunteers, has raised more than $1.6M for The Royal Children's Hospital so far. Set among 10 acres of beautiful gardens, Lancemore Mansion Hotel Werribee Park offers contemporary accommodations with garden views.
- Featuring a day spa, an indoor swimming pool and a European restaurant, the Lancemore Mansion Hotel Werribee Park is also a 3-minute drive to Werribee's Open Range Zoo.
- Guests can take a walk in the peaceful surroundings of the lovely gardens, or soak up the atmosphere around the open fire of the library.
QLD: Royal Albert Hotel - Royal front row seats to the bunny battle
- This stay is in close proximity to Queen Street Mall’s stage, perfect for The Bunny Battle - a high-intensity, high-fun Virtual Reality (VR) experience, allowing you to sling-shot Easter eggs at your opponent! Royal Albert Boutique Hotel offers spacious accommodation with 24-hour reception in the heart of Brisbane CBD (Central Business District).
- Originally built in 1913, this beautifully restored heritage-listed building features wide halls, 12-foot-high ceilings and a large collection of original oil paintings – with Queen Street Mall and the restaurants of Albert Street are on the doorstep.
SA: Wine and Roses Bed and Breakfast - Hop into this bed and breakfast
- Wine and Roses B&B is a 2-minute drive to the cheese and wine trail at Blessed Cheese and a 20-minute drive to a family-friendly annual event - The Meadows 4 Day Easter Fair (2 – 5 April).
- It is a large treasure market with around 100 stalls selling a wide variety of products including locally made arts and crafts, plants, books, clothing, toys, bric-a-brac, treasures and collectables. Nestled among lovely rose gardens, Wine and Roses Bed and Breakfast offers guests a relaxing getaway with a complimentary bottle of wine and cheese platter on arrival.
WA: Joondalup Resort - All you can eat egg-stravaganza in Joondalup
- This stay is in close proximity to a sumptuous buffet along with a sweet extravaganza-Easter themed dessert buffet at Joondalup Resort & Country Club.
- Relax and let us look after lunch as the little ones will be entertained with a face painter, a disco and a special visit from the Easter Bunny. Lunch includes two hours of beverages including sparkling, beer and wine. Just a 25-minute drive north of Perth Central Business District (CBD) and 5 minutes' drive from Western Australia's coastline, Joondalup Resort offers a restaurant, cafe and a British style pub.
- With a variety of room types available including interconnecting rooms, rooms with facilities for disabled guests and twin rooms, which are available on request - each room also has a private balcony or courtyard.
- Guests can enjoy a day of golf on the on the championship, 27-hole public golf course that has additional putting greens and a floodlit driving range.