Booking.com Announces 20 Epic Unique Places to Stay to Kick Start 2020 New Year's Resolutions with a Trip, for Travelers Across the U.S.
Booking.com Offers Exclusive, Themed Experiences for the 72%* of Americans Interested in Traveling to Help Achieve New Year’s Resolutions
New York, NY – January 2, 2020 — This holiday season, Booking.com, the global travel leader with a mission to make it easier for everyone to experience the world, is encouraging consumers to book a trip to help kick start 2020 New Year's resolutions. In an effort to offer inspiration, Booking.com is custom designing 20 incredible experiences available for guest bookings, with each “Resolution Suite” themed to align with 20 of the most popular New Year’s resolutions for 2020. With 72%* of Americans interested in taking a trip to help kick start their resolution, Booking.com is encouraging consumers to #BookYourResolution to help them come true.
Located at 25 Broad Street in downtown Manhattan at the Broad Exchange Building, the 20 exclusive suites allow guests to aspirationally enter an accommodation tailored to their resolution, and exit in true “new year, new you” fashion with an assortment of related activities, affirmations, and amenities. The 20 resolution suites for 2020, which will be exclusively available on Booking.com, will feature all the must-have necessities for nailing that New Year’s promise to yourself. From Finding Your Funny to becoming Financially Savvy, guests can literally—and figuratively—check into their resolution by reserving their desired experience on Booking.com, including:
- Be More Active: a space that motivates and empowers to hit those athletic aspirations
- Spend Quality Time With Your Pet: the ultimate haven and adventure for your furry friend
- Read More: a bookworm’s paradise connecting readers with literary legends
- Become Financially Savvy: an educational yet fun bootcamp for finding your financial mojo
- Be Adventurous: step-up the explorer inside you through thrilling new challenges
- Recommit To Romance: a blissful escape to reconnect and rekindle with your partner
- Make Time To Unplug: a sojourn to solitude: relax, unwind, and disconnect
- Be More Stylish: the sartorial spot for the stylish (or not so stylish) set
- Prioritize Family Time: getting together has never been this easy
- Learn To Dance: shall we dance? The answer to cutting a rug or taking a turn around the dance floor
- Study Another Culture: think global while staying local
- Learn To Code: build that bridge to the future by flexing tech skills
- Turn Your Passion Into A Business: monetize that favorite pastime of yours
- Practice Self-Care: reinvigorate your inner-self in a wellness setting that’ll make you go ‘spa’-aaah
- Meet New People: up your extrovert game by learning how to mix and mingle
- Be The Best Host: channel the entertainer in you with tips and tricks
- Find Your Funny: laughter is always the best medicine and this spot has got the formula
- Volunteer: learn the art of giving back and making meaningful connections
- Snap The Best Shot: from family photos to beach sunsets, amp up photography skills
- Cook Up A Storm: create culinary magic by learning this tasty craft
Starting on January 13th at 12:00PM EST, consumers will be able to reserve their desired resolution experience for two-night stays beginning January 17th for $20.20. The resolution suites range from one-bedroom to two-bedroom apartments, with full modern kitchens, bathrooms with luxury amenities and custom programming to help guests kick-start their resolution in style. A full list of the resolution suites can be found by visiting https://www.booking.com/articles/epic-suites-to-spur-on-ny-resolutions.html.
The 20 Booking.com resolution experiences for 2020 are a part of Booking.com’s new creative marketing campaign, which debuted on a national level December 23 across TV and digital channels. The integrated campaign highlights how “there’s a booking for every New Year’s resolution” showcasing how Booking.com makes it easier to book a trip for any occasion, including to kickstart a New Year’s resolution, through key features such as search filters and a user-friendly mobile-optimized experience.
“Everyone sets New Year’s resolutions and with Booking.com, we want to encourage people to take a trip to help kick-start their resolution,” says Arjan Dijk, Senior Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer at Booking.com. “Whether your resolution is to spend more time with family and friends, to be more adventurous, learn to salsa dance and everything in between, Booking.com seamlessly connects travelers to memorable experiences and incredible places to stay, at the best value, with customized travel filters. Our new campaign aims to inspire consumers to kick-start their resolution with a trip, with a little help from Booking.com.”
According to recent research by Booking.com*, the majority of Americans agree that travel allows them to kick-start resolutions with fifty-one percent (51%) saying travel has helped them to achieve their New Year’s resolutions in the past and that travel helps them feel more inspired (80%), as well as to discover more about themselves (77%) and others (73%). Americans say they will be making 2020 New Year’s resolutions that are practical (49%), and on the other side of the coin, challenging (42%) and fun (32%), with 28% of men and 22% of women saying their main resolution will be adventurous.
For consumers not able to snag a spot at a Resolution Suite in New York, Booking.com is enabling them to take part socially with a contest that will reward 20 individuals with a resolution trip valued at $2,020. Social media users just need to post their most creative and inspiring resolution on Instagram or Twitter with #BookMyResolution and #Contest, showcasing how travel can help achieve their resolution, for a chance to win. The contest is open now and will run until January 10th, 2020. Terms & Conditions here: https://booking.wyng.com/bookmyresolution/
Note to editors:
*Research commissioned by Booking.com was independently designed and executed in an online survey of 1,000 nationally representative Americans, fielded by Lucid. The survey was conducted between November 20, 2019 and December 2, 2019 and has a margin of error (MOE) of +/- 3.1 with a 95% confidence interval.
Founded in 1996 in Amsterdam, Booking.com has grown from a small Dutch startup to one of the world’s leading digital travel companies. Part of Booking Holdings Inc. (NASDAQ: BKNG), Booking.com’s mission is to make it easier for everyone to experience the world. By investing in the technology that helps take the friction out of travel, Booking.com seamlessly connects millions of travelers with memorable experiences, a range of transportation options and incredible places to stay - from homes to hotels and much more. As one of the world’s largest travel marketplaces for both established brands and entrepreneurs of all sizes, Booking.com enables properties all over the world to reach a global audience and grow their businesses. Booking.com is available in 43 languages and offers more than 29 million total reported accommodation listings, including more than 6.2 million listings alone of homes, apartments and other unique places to stay. No matter where you want to go or what you want to do, Booking.com makes it easy and backs it all up with 24/7 customer support.
Follow us on Twitter and Instagram, like us on Facebook, and for the latest news, data and insights, please visit our global media room.