Victoria crowned as Australia’s most welcoming state according to new data from Booking.com
Booking.com reveals Australia’s top 20 accommodation hosts with seven, including the overall winner, from Victoria alone.
Global travel leader Booking.com has revealed new data heroing the top 20 accommodation hosts and owners across Australia, shining a light on those who go the extra mile to ensure their guests have the best experience possible during their stay.
As travellers have more choice than ever before when it comes to accommodation, being a great host can make all the difference between travellers checking in or checking out of properties. Recent research discovered that almost two-thirds (63%) believe their stay has been improved by their host or property manager going above and beyond during their stay.
To highlight the great hospitality of Aussie hosts, Booking.com has identified the top 20 across the country. These hero hosts are judged based on their staff score given by Booking.com users and number of reviews over the past two years.
Llarrinda Bed & Breakfast in Victoria’s Foster secured the top spot with an overall score of 9.97, and was one of seven properties in the state included in the top 20 list. The property was specifically called out for its outstanding hosts, and the delicious homemade, locally-sourced breakfast.
New South Wales followed Victoria with six properties with outstanding hosts listed, followed by Western Australia (four), Queensland (two) and South Australia (one). The top properties from each state include the luxurious, adults-only Copeland House (Copeland, NSW), the tranquil Beach Hideaway at Trinity Beach (Trinity Beach, QLD), the secluded escape Esto House (Crafers, SA) and the beachside Crossland House (Perth, WA).
The full list includes:
Australia’s Top 20 accommodation hosts
1. Llarrinda Bed & Breakfast (Foster, VIC)
11. Crossland House (Hillarys, WA)
2. Copeland House (Copeland, NSW)
12. Montrose Barn House (Montrose, VIC)
3. Holyrood House (Daylesford, VIC)
13. The Good Life B&B (Perth, WA)
4. Beach Hideaway at Trinity Beach (Trinity Beach, QLD)
14. Lilly's Pad Guesthouse (Eumundi, QLD
5. Stokers Lodge (Stokers Siding, NSW)
15. Tamworth Exclusive B&B (Tamworth, NSW)
6. Esto House (Crafers, SA)
16. BroomeTown B&B (Broome, WA)
7. Yallambee B&B (Bundanoon, NSW)
17. Margie’s Place (Quindalup, WA)
8. Hillcrest Mountain View Retreat (Crystal Creek, NSW)
18. Down to Earth Farm Retreat (Sarsfield, VIC)
9. Points South By The Sea (Wongarra, VIC)
19. Sea Whispers (Kiama, NSW)
10. Mornington Peninsula-4Shore Rosebud (Rosebud, VIC)
20. Anchors Beach House (Port Campbell, VIC)
Booking.com Australia Area Manager, Luke Wilson said: “We take pride in maintaining an excellent standard of customer satisfaction when it comes to our property hosts, particularly for short-term rental and holiday home stays.”
“A great host can make a holiday unforgettable, regardless of whether travellers want to feel at home, enjoy some peace and quiet or simply escape, so we’re excited to continue to demonstrate excellence in this area.”
The data also revealed the most hospitable suburbs in Australia through a staff score given by Booking.com users. Noosaville in Queensland came in first place, with New South Wales’ Byron Bay following in second, followed by Margaret River Town and Albany in Western Australia.
Australia’s top 10 most hospitable suburbs
1. Noosaville (QLD)
6. Toowoomba (QLD)
2. Byron Bay (NSW)
7. Hervey Bay (QLD)
3. Margaret River Town (WA)
8. Port Douglas (QLD)
4. Albany (WA)
9. Bendigo (VIC)
5. Tamworth (NSW)
10. Noosa Heads (QLD)