It’s now easier than ever for travelers to find the perfect home-away-from-home
Booking.com gives travelers additional peace of mind when planning a trip by giving easy access to potential hosts, the property and its surroundings prior to making a booking
Research from Booking.com shows that almost seven in ten (53%) US travelers plan to stay in an accommodation that has a host (whether that ‘host’ is an individual or a professionally managed property), and 41% think a welcoming host is the most important factor when choosing a vacation home. Hosted stays can offer travelers added benefits, such as the comfort and privacy of a home-away-from-home, as well as providing a genuine feel and experience of the local culture.
With a mission to make it easier for everyone to experience the world, Booking.com is continuing to invest in technology that helps take the friction out of travel, including expanding the host profile feature to a broader range of alternative property types, and seamless contact options to equip travelers with all the information they need before booking a host-led stay. These features enable travelers to contact a host prior to making a booking - should they have any questions - as well as view host profiles to unlock key information from the host about themselves as a host, unique benefits and features of their property and the surrounding neighborhood. This is good news for the 40% of US travelers who said it’s important for a host to have an easy and instant way to communicate directly with guests, and vice versa.
In general, hosted accommodations know how to deliver amazing hospitality to their guests as three quarters (75%) of all the awarded properties of the Booking.com's Traveler Review Awards 2020 are homes, apartments and other unique places to stay. To help travelers get the most out of their stay, Booking.com shares five top tips with travelers:
- Over six in 10 (66%)1 US travelers said they’d be interested in their host providing personalized maps and directions during their stay, to get the most out of your stay by reaching out to your host in advance to leverage their local knowledge while exploring a new destination
- Avoid overpacking by asking your host what is already provided in their property, for example toiletries, towels, electronics and travel adapters
- Use your stay as an opportunity to practice a foreign language by interacting with your host in their native language
- Over one third (35%)2 of US travelers reveal that the interior design of a holiday home has an effect on whether they choose to stay there or not; so take advantage of staying in a home, apartment or other unique place to stay and use this as an opportunity to get interior design inspiration while staying there
- Find out more about your home-away-from-home’s surrounding area both in the host profile and on the Booking.com map feature to create peace of mind and get the feeling that you’re on vacation already!
Host With the Most:
1Research was commissioned by Booking.com and independently conducted among 21,500 respondents (including 1,000 each from Australia, Germany, France, Spain, Italy, China, Brazil, India, US, UK, Russia, Indonesia, Colombia and South Korea; and 500 each from Japan, New Zealand, Thailand, Argentina, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Hong Kong, Croatia, Taiwan, Mexico, Netherlands, Sweden, Singapore and Israel). Respondents completed an online survey between 14 December 2018 and 14 January 2019.
2Research commissioned by Booking.com and independently conducted among 18,500 respondents who were surveyed (1,000+ from the UK, US, Brazil, China, Germany, Italy, Spain, France, India, Singapore and Russia and 500+ each from Australia, Argentina, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Hong Kong, Croatia, Indonesia, Japan, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Sweden, Thailand and Taiwan). Respondents completed an online survey in November 2017.
Founded in 1996 in Amsterdam, Booking.com has grown from a small Dutch start-up to one of the world’s leading digital travel companies. Part of Booking Holdings Inc. (NASDAQ: BKNG), Booking.com’s mission is to make it easier for everyone to experience the world. By investing in the technology that helps take the friction out of travel, Booking.com seamlessly connects millions of travelers with memorable experiences, a range of transportation options and incredible places to stay - from homes to hotels and much more. As one of the world’s largest travel marketplaces for both established brands and entrepreneurs of all sizes, Booking.com enables properties all over the world to reach a global audience and grow their businesses. Booking.com is available in 43 languages and offers more than 29 million total reported accommodation listings, including more than 6.2 million listings alone of homes, apartments and other unique places to stay. No matter where you want to go or what you want to do, Booking.com makes it easy and backs it all up with 24/7 customer support.