Yes, You Can Really Book It
Epic stays in the Empire State Building, AmericanAirlines Arena, and a Nick Jonas Tour Bus are exclusive to the list, which highlights the coolest place to stay in every state
NEW YORK, NEW YORK – 7 March 2018 - Get your passport ready because travelling to the United States has never been so exciting thanks to Booking.com, the global leader in connecting travellers with the widest choice of incredible places to stay. For years Booking.com has offered more awesome, unique places to stay than any other travel company in the world and today it is inspiring travellers to find and book the most incredible accommodations across the USA with its newly launched ‘Book the U.S.’ List. Curated by the experts at Booking.com, the ‘Book the U.S.’ List features the coolest, most unique properties across each of the fifty United States (plus Washington D.C.), that go far beyond your traditional hotel.
To kick off the list, Booking.com is creating three one-of-a-kind experiences at world-famous properties. These exclusive stays are available for the first time ever at Booking.com/BooktheUS the morning of 7 March. For one night, and one night only - Thursday, 8 March – Booking.com users will be able to book:
You’ve seen it in the movies and millions of people from all over the world come to check out the international icon each year. For the first time ever, one lucky traveller and a guest will have the opportunity to book a one-of-a-kind overnight experience in The World’s Most Famous Building. From dinner on the 86th floor open-air observation deck to sunrise yoga overlooking the Manhattan skyline, the Booking.com Experience at the Empire State Building will provide an unforgettable memory in the city that never sleeps.
With an experience that is sure to make all their friends jealous, Booking.com is offering one lucky fan and their guest the opportunity to stay for a night they’ll never forget on the Ultimate Nick Jonas Tour Bus. The Golden Globe and Grammy nominated singer/songwriter, actor and record producer has teamed up with Booking.com to give his fans the opportunity to make themselves comfortable in a bus fit for the pop star himself. The one-bedroom tour bus will feature some of Nick’s favorite things, films he’s starred in…and for a little while Nick Jonas himself. Yes, Nick will stop by for an in-person meet-and-greet with the lucky traveller who books this amazing experience.
A Booking.com suite inside the home of Miami’s Favorite Basketball team can be yours for a night. The sprawling, second-level suite located in none other than the AmericanAirlines Arena will make hall-of-famers and season ticket holders jealous. Along with calling Miami’s ultimate sports landmark home and getting to watch a live NBA basketball game from the comfort of their couch with an uninterrupted court view, the stay includes a VIP tour and other surprises and delights.
All three of these incredible properties will be available on a first come, first serve basis and are open for customers across the globe to Book the U.S.
In addition to these limited once-in-a-lifetime stays, the ‘Book the U.S.’ List includes crazy, cool properties across each U.S. state for every budget and type of trip travellers could imagine. With options ranging from national landmarks to caves, houseboats, train cars, tiny homes, castles, treehouses and more, everywhere from major cities to remote countryside, mountains and coasts.
A selection of listings from the full ‘Book the U.S.’ List include:
- Borden Flats Lighthouse in Somerset, Massachusetts
- Stay the night to experience the life and role of a 19th century lighthouse keeper.
- Kokopelli's Cave in Farmington, New Mexico
- Live like a 2018 caveman at this amazing and unique cave house.
- The Vintages Trailer Resort in Dayton, Oregon
- What’s better than a vintage wine? Stay at these unique vintage trailers in the heart of Willamette Valley and you’ll find out.
- Under Canvas at Zion in Virgin, Utah
- Bring glamping to a whole new level by staying in these luxury tents under the stars at Zion.
- The Kentucky Castle in Versailles, Kentucky
- Live like Versailles royalty…in Kentucky…at this beautiful castle.
- Treehouse Stay in Loudonville, Ohio
- Fulfill your childhood dreams with this adult-friendly treehouse.
The popularity of travellers looking for unique places to stay and memorable experiences continues to rise. Recent Booking.com research found that in 2018, more than one in three travellers (37%) intend to stay in a unique location, such as a castle or a treehouse.* Travellers are also continuing to prioritize experiences over material items when on vacation (59%) and 45% have a travel bucket list.**
“At Booking.com our mission is to empower people to experience the world and we continue to find new ways to do that” said Gillian Tans, CEO of Booking.com. “Our ‘Book the U.S.’ List aims to inspire travellers to go beyond the hotel and book a place they’ve only imagined staying at – or somewhere so epic they never thought possible.”
To explore all the unique properties in one place visit Booking.com/booktheUS. Travellers can check out all the amazing places to stay with the site’s interactive map and when they’re ready, can easily Book the U.S.
NOTES TO EDITORS
* Research commissioned by Booking.com and independently conducted among a sample of adults who have taken a trip in the last 12 months/plan to take a trip in the next 12 months. In total 56,727 respondents were surveyed (2000+ from Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Germany, Spain, France, Hong Kong, Indonesia, India, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Mexico, Malaysia, Netherlands, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, Thailand, Taiwan, United Kingdom, and the US, and 1000+ each from Denmark, Croatia, Sweden, and New Zealand). Respondents completed an online survey in October 2017.
**Research commissioned by Booking.com and independently conducted among a sample of adults who have taken a trip in the last 12 months/plan to take a trip in the next 12 months. In total 18,509 respondents were surveyed (1,000+ from the UK, US, Brazil, China, Germany, Italy, Spain, France, India, Singapore and Russia and 500+ each from Australia, Argentina, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Hong Kong, Croatia, Indonesia, Japan, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Sweden, Thailand and Taiwan). Respondents completed an online survey in August 2017.