How Booking.com’s AI Trip Planner Can Inspire Travelers to Plan that Last-Minute Summer Vacation
Booking.com research recently uncovered that 69% of US travelers enjoy the experience of booking trips and that 57% actually start their travel planning process before deciding on a specific destination.* With a mission to make it easier for everyone to experience the world and to help bring that final summer getaway to life, travelers in the US can now use the AI Trip Planner, found directly on the Booking.com mobile app, to start their trip planning process.** From looking for inspiration on the perfect adventurous mountain getaway to zeroing in on a specific list of vacation homes for a family of four, with air conditioning and a pool, the AI Trip Planner provides recommendations in a quick, conversational way.
Travelers can ask the AI Trip Planner general travel-related questions, as well as more specific queries to support any stage of the trip planning process, including:
- Answering general travel-related questions
- Scoping out potential destinations and accommodation options
- Providing travel inspiration based on the individual traveler’s needs and requirements
- Creating itineraries for a particular city, country or region.
Click through the photos below to see the AI Trip Planner in action.
Booking.com tips to get the most out of the AI Trip Planner:
- Give as much information as possible: The greater amount of detail provided by a user, the more precise the tool’s answers and recommendations will be.
- Chat like a human: While using the tool, apply conversational, natural language, and full sentences to describe what you are looking for and refine your trip plans in real time.
- Ask for what you want: Access personalized itineraries and discover activities or attractions in a destination, by specifically asking for this.
Interested in exploring Santa Fe’s unique and bohemian character? Check out: ‘From Incredible Art to Enchiladas: Booking.com Presents 72 hours in Santa Fe’
*Travel Trends 2023 research commissioned by Booking.com and independently conducted among a sample of 42,513 respondents across 33 markets (2,000 from USA, 1,008 from Canada, 2,000 from Mexico, 1,000 from Colombia, 2,000 from Brazil, 1,000 from Argentina, 2,000 from Australia, 1,000 from New Zealand, 2,000 from Spain, 2,000 from Italy, 2,000 from France, 2,000 from UK, 2,000 from Germany, 1,000 from Netherlands, 1,000 from Denmark, 1,000 from Sweden, 1,000 from Croatia, 1,000 from Switzerland, 1,000 from Belgium, 1,000 from Ireland, 1,000 from Portugal, 1,000 from Israel, 2,000 from India, 1,000 from China, 1,005 from Hong Kong, 1,000 from Thailand, 1,000 from Singapore, 1,000 from Taiwan, 1,000 from Vietnam, 1,000 from South Korea, 1,000 from Japan, 500 from UAE). In order to participate in this survey, respondents had to be 18 years of age or older, had to have traveled at least once in the past 12 months, and planning to travel in 2023 and be either the primary decision maker or involved in the decision making of their travel. The survey was taken online and took place in January and February 2023.
** The AI Trip Planner is available to Genius members in the United States. Members must be signed in to their Booking.com account in the mobile app and have their language settings set to English to access the tool.