Fashion Week is Upon Us: Booking.com Shares Where to See and Be Seen in the World’s Trendiest Destinations
Booking.com, the global leader in connecting travelers with the widest choice of incredible places to stay, knows that one of the most anticipated events in any fashionista’s runway diary is New York Fashion Week. To mark the kick-off of this fashionable affair, Booking.com reveals where the chicest of the chic visit when it comes to getting their fashion fix, and from the over 1 million properties available to them on Booking.com, where they would choose to rest their heads.
According to hundreds of glam-azonian Booking.com users who have traveled near and far, Paris tops the list of fashion-focused, tastemaking cities to visit before and after the shows in The Big Apple. With over 40 million verified reviews that can be categorized by traveler type, Booking.com has pulled the top accommodation in this and four other style capitals around the world to inspire the diva in you. With Booking.com’s Destination Finder, a true passion for fashion is just a click away—simply throw on this season’s ensemble and go!
The TOP 5 Trendiest Destinations in the World:
1. Paris, Île de France, FranceParis is for lovers and haute couture fashion. Home to Paris Fashion Week and a number of world class designers, this sleepless and urbane capital is fueled by champagne and dreams; and an unwavering lodestone for the world's art and culture connoisseurs.
Stay in the heart of Paris at Novotel Paris Les Halles.
2. London, Greater London, United KingdomAll hail the queen—of fashion of course. Known for its “street style” and London Fashion Week, this year’s British trends are all about velvet and exaggerated sleeves. From the dizzying wealth of Belgravia to the urban markets of Camden Town, London’s allure is impossible to define.
Stay in the heart of London at St. James' Court, A Taj Hotel
3. Roma, Lazio, ItalyViva la moda! If one word could encapsulate the essence of this historic city, it would be…trendsetting. Just hours away from the fashion mecca that is Milan, start a day at the show-stopping Pantheon, visit the acclaimed Trevi Fountain, then strut between buzzing bars in vivacious Trastevere.
Stay in the heart of Roma at Hotel Adriano
4. Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
Spaniards know classic fashion. What’s better than flouncing down a cobblestone corridor dressed in flirty fabrics with a paperwaist bag in tow? Not much. For an adventure, head to the Gothic Quarter, with intriguing alleys and artists' haunts from bygone days.
Stay in the heart of Barcelona at Catalonia Catedral
5. Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, NetherlandsQuickly rising to stylish stardom, Dutch designers are turning heads and heels. With its namesake Fashion Week, Amsterdamn touts comfy chic—which is perfect for a beguiling mix of history and commerce. Soak up the city's laid back atmosphere with a stroll through Vondelpark, or shop on the trendy Nine Streets
Stay in the heart of Amsterdam at art’otel Amsterdam
Booking.com is the world leader in booking hotel and other accommodations online. It guarantees the best prices for any type of property - from small independents to five-star luxury. Guests can access the Booking.com website anytime, anywhere from their desktops, mobile phones and tablet devices, and they don't pay booking fees - ever. The Booking.com website is available in 42 languages, offers over one million hotels and accommodations including more than 500,000 vacation rental properties and covers over 95,000 destinations in 224 countries and territories worldwide. It features over 40M reviews written by guests after their stay, and attracts online visitors from both leisure and business markets around the globe. With over 19 years of experience and a team of over 13,000 dedicated employees in 184 offices worldwide, Booking.com operates its own in-house customer service team, which is available 24/7 to assist guests in their native languages and ensure an exceptional customer experience.
Established in 1996, Booking.com B.V. owns and operates Booking.com™, and is part of The Priceline Group (NASDAQ: PCLN). Follow us on Twitter, Google+ and Pinterest, like us on Facebook, or learn more at http://www.booking.com.
Contact Details for Booking.com:
For further information, contact the Booking.com U.S. Press Office,
Joseph Moscone, Senior Manager, Public Relations | email@example.com | (212) 548-3491
Lauren Hanafin, Harrison & Shriftman | firstname.lastname@example.org | (917) 351-8613