Booking.com Highlights Hospitality Heroism and Outstanding Travel Experiences with its Third Booking Heroes Competition
The Booking Heroes competition officially opens today, offering a chance for customers to nominate a remarkable accommodation provider and win $27,700 to spend on Booking.com
NEW YORK, NEW YORK - November 4, 2019 - Booking.com, the global leader in connecting travelers with the widest choice of incredible places to stay, a range of must-do travel experiences and seamless transport options, announced the launch of the third Booking Heroes competition, which invites its customers to tell the world their story of an accommodation provider that made their trip unforgettable. The Booking Heroes competition champions the outstanding hospitality of accommodation providers that offer their guests far more than a place to rest their head. By sharing their stories, customers can earn a chance to win approximately $27,700 of Booking.com travel credit – both for them, and their Booking Hero.
To nominate their Booking Hero and enter the competition, Booking.com customers simply need to share their story on Facebook or Instagram with the following information by November 25, 2019:
- Where they stayed on their Booking.com trip
- Their Booking Hero's role at the property
- How their Booking Hero went above and beyond
- The #BookingHero and #contest hashtag and if on Instagram, make sure the account is set to public and tag @bookingcom
In the coming weeks, Booking.com will choose the most exceptional stories of hospitality providers delivering unique and unforgettable travel experiences and one exceptional Booking Hero and the customer who nominated them will each win a $27.7k travel credit to spend on Booking.com, with runners-up and their nominating customers each winning $5.5k.
“At Booking.com, we know that there’s so much more to a trip than just an accommodation, and the people who you meet along the way are integral in creating a memorable experience,” said Arjan Dijk, Senior Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer at Booking.com. “I am inspired by the amazing stories that are shared through this competition and immensely proud of the work our partners do to provide remarkable experiences for their guests. They represent hospitality in its truest form, and I cannot wait to see who our next Booking Heroes are.”
Watch the heartwarming stories that were captured with last year’s Booking Heroes:
- When Jim was rushed to hospital in the middle of the night, his wife, Kim, didn’t know what to do. But they were in luck – B&B owners Corrado and Angela took Kim in like family and made sure the couple didn’t face the scare alone.
- The night before her wedding, Charissa suddenly decided she wanted something more for her special day. But it was too late to change anything, wasn’t it? Receptionists Faith and Ferister had other ideas.
- As they set off on holiday to New Zealand, Emily and Fred were worried it had been a mistake to take their new baby abroad for his first Christmas. But apartment owner Sarah made sure it was a Christmas to remember.
Booking.com is accepting nominations on Facebook and Instagram until November 25, 2019. Winners will be announced in early 2020.
For more information and the full competition terms and conditions, please visit: https://hero.booking.com/
Founded in 1996 in Amsterdam, Booking.com has grown from a small Dutch startup to one of the world’s leading digital travel companies. Part of Booking Holdings Inc. (NASDAQ: BKNG), Booking.com invests in technology that helps take the friction out of travel. With a mission to make it easier for everyone to experience the world, Booking.com seamlessly connects millions of travelers with memorable experiences, convenient transportation options and incredible places to stay - from homes to hotels and much much more. Booking.com also provides a marketplace for entrepreneurs of all sizes in the travel and experiences industries to reach a global audience and grow their businesses. Booking.com is available in 43 languages and offers more than 29 million total reported accommodation listings, including more than 6.2 million listings alone of homes, apartments and other unique places to stay. With everything from convenient rides and great places to eat, as well as attractions, tours, events and activities across the globe, no matter where you want to go or what you want to do, Booking.com makes it easy and backs it all up with 24/7 customer support.