BOOKING.COM IS GIVING BRITISH FANS THE CHANCE TO STAY OVERNIGHT AT WEMBLEY STADIUM FOR THE UEFA EURO 2020™ FINAL!
Booking.com is creating the Ultimate Overnight Football Experience in a fully customised and unique Stadium Suite at Wembley Stadium
- Winner will watch the UEFA EURO 2020™ Final alongside Booking.com ambassador and UEFA EURO 2008™ tournament and Golden Boot winner, David Villa
- Fans from Great Britain who book and stay with Booking.com before 31st March 2020 will be in with a chance of winning this Ultimate Overnight Football Experience
- European survey of 7,500 football fans shows 72% of British football fans think staying as close to the stadium as possible is a top priority when booking a place to stay
LONDON, 20th November 2019 - Booking.com, the Official Accommodation and Attractions Booking Partner of UEFA EURO 2020™, has today announced that British football fans have the chance to win the Ultimate Overnight Football Experience at the UEFA EURO 2020™ Final in London.
The announcement comes as Booking.com reveals results of a European-wide survey of 7,500 football fans, where 72% of British football fans declare that staying as close to the stadium as possible is a top priority when organising their football inspired travels.
One lucky winner and their guest will get to sleep overnight in the Booking.com Stadium Suite, which overlooks the hallowed Wembley turf, and can use the player changing rooms to freshen up before breakfast is served pitchside the next morning. The winners will also be joined by Booking.com ambassador and UEFA EURO 2008™ tournament and Golden Boot winner David Villa, who will host them during the Final.
The Spanish footballing legend was in London earlier this week, where he revealed the Stadium Suite design, his contributions to its creation and the role he will play in the winner and their guest’s experience: ”Wembley is one of the most iconic venues in world football, for players and fans alike, so the chance to stay in the Stadium Suite the night of the Final and experience the electric atmosphere is truly a once in a lifetime opportunity! I look forward to meeting the lucky winners on the 12th July next year.”
Fans from Great Britain must book and stay with Booking.com before 31st March 2020 to be in with a chance of winning this once-in-a-lifetime experience in the Stadium Suite, with runners-up winning a variety of amazing UEFA EURO 2020™ prizes including a night in the Booking.com Stadium Suite at the UEFA EURO 2020™ Semi-Final on 8th July 2020, hospitality packages and tickets to group stage games.
Arjan Dijk, Senior Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer at Booking.com, added: “With excitement around the UEFA EURO 2020™ tournament set to sweep across Europe and beyond, 2020 will definitely be an important year for sport and we understand the importance of helping fans to see their favourite team and players compete on the biggest stage for European football. With a mission to make it easier for everyone to experience the world, and with a quarter of European football fans between the ages of 18 and 34 confirming that they only travel to watch their team play, we’re excited to have partnered with UEFA to play our part in ensuring that fans have the best experience while traveling to watch this epic tournament. That includes creating the Booking.com Stadium Suite at Wembley Stadium for the UEFA EURO 2020™ Final, truly an overnight football experience to rival all others.”
- Open to individuals over 18 years of age residing in Denmark, France, Germany or Great Britain (England, Wales and Scotland) who use the Booking.com platform – www.booking.com.
- The customers must make a reservation on Booking.com’s platform from 23rd of October 2019 until 31st of March 2020 (inclusive) and complete their stay within the same timeframe.
- To be entered, customers must tick the relevant box during the reservation process. By ticking the aforementioned box, the customer acknowledges that he/she participates in the competition, has read and understood the BOOK AND WIN Privacy Statement and accepts the Terms and Conditions. At this moment, the reservation made will be considered to be an “eligible reservation”
- All entrants will be sent a confirmation email for their booking and confirming they have entered into the game of chance.
- Winners will be selected by a random online draw, together with the match to the corresponding prize. For each winner 10 backups will be allocated.
- 1x 1st Prize – Stadium Suite Experience for two people on the night of the Final of UEFA Euro 2020 on 12 July 2020
- 1x 2nd Prize – Stadium Suite Experience for two people on the night of Semi-Final 2 of UEFA Euro 2020 on July 8 2020
- 123 x 3rd Prizes: 2x tickets with hospitality and accommodation for one of the UEFA Euro 2020 matches
- 622 x 4th Prizes: 2x tickets and accommodation for one of the UEFA Euro 2020 matches
For more information about the Ultimate Overnight Football Experience, including full competition terms and conditions, visit www.booking.com/stadiumsuite.
For further information, contact the Booking.com UK Press Office: email@example.com
NOTES TO EDITORS
Research commissioned by Booking.com and independently conducted among 7,743 European football fans aged 18 or over in 11 markets (including 900 each from Germany, France, Spain, Italy, UK, Russia; and 400 each from Belgium, Denmark, Croatia, Netherlands and Sweden). Fieldwork was undertaken between 8th August and 2nd September 2019.
Founded in 1996 in Amsterdam, Booking.com has grown from a small Dutch startup to one of the world’s leading digital travel companies. Part of Booking Holdings Inc. (NASDAQ: BKNG), Booking.com’s mission is to make it easier for everyone to experience the world. By investing in the technology that helps take the friction out of travel, Booking.com seamlessly connects millions of travellers with memorable experiences, a range of transportation options and incredible places to stay - from homes to hotels and much more. As one of the world’s largest travel marketplaces for both established brands and entrepreneurs of all sizes, Booking.com enables properties all over the world to reach a global audience and grow their businesses. Booking.com is available in 43 languages and offers more than 28 million total reported accommodation listings, including more than 6.2 million listings alone of homes, apartments and other unique places to stay. No matter where you want to go or what you want to do, Booking.com makes it easy and backs it all up with 24/7 customer support.